Light for my nano.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clubsuperduty

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a buddy that is going to help me set up a nano tank. It is a little 2.5 gallon tank 12x6x8 I believe Anyways I cant find a light for it for the life of me. I see all these 2.5 gallon nanos but no one ever states what or where they get the lights for them. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=86767

Go to the second page there are pics posted of what I did for lighting on my tank. The hood is a standard little hood got it petco or petsmart something like that. The bulbs are 10watt 50/50 CPF bulbs Got them at petco I think. It works great on the tank! Dsmlrussell where did you get that fixture...I like the sound of it!!

I have thier lights from catalina I can honestly say they are not a bad light but if you order it you may not get it . There have been alot of people that have not gotten their orders and customer service is abusive to the customer. I can say that to be truth . I ordered a set of legs and they took my money and ran . I did not ever see the legs... When I called them we were told oh well . They also ship DHL and in our area that is a bad thing. Just use caution when buying thier products !

About the Catalina site - I wondered what the light bulbs themselves are. The description says it's fine for a SW or FW aquarium but there is no mention made of whether it is a 10000K bulb, a 6700K bulb, or actinic bulb, or if you have your choice. I wrote them an e-mail but got no anwser yet. I have read that others have not had their emails answered either.

Sadielynn - I got my Coralife lighting legs from Hello Lights. One leg just would not go on (you know how annoying it is to get those legs on!) but this one leg was just too difficult. Hello LIghts sent me a new pack of 4 legs at no additional expense to me.

I have the coralife mini (2x9watt CF) on my 2.5 and it works great.

Back
Top Bottom