Light problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swampman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a Fluvial LED light for my fresh water 10 gal. It is the fresh water Halo light. I have a problem with the piece that is taped ,holder, to the back of the tank. I have cleaned the glass with alcohol and let it sit for 24 hours just like the direction say to do. I put the light in the holder. After a week the tape releases.sometimes the tape sticks to the glass. Others times it sticks to the holder. I have talked with Fluvial many times. They have given me new holds and tape. It is a great light except for that problem. Anyone else have this problem?

I saw another post on AA recently describing the same problem. No resolution. Shame, though. Decent light but bad mount.
Sorry, wish I had some helpful advice for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like could diy something that could be a least moderately pleasant looking.

Perhaps a 2-3'' aluminum sheet 1/4'' thick. Cut length of aquarium. Drill hole in center to fit the screw that the normal bracket is attached. At ends of aluminum attach black rubber spacers. I'd use a adhesive of some kind, these attachments won't be load bearing.

If rimless cut a slit with a razor the width of the glass so spacers slide on to the tank.

If have a rim. Cut the spacers so they fit flat on rim.

I'm sure there's other diy'ers out there who could give a better idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom