Light Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

molly100a

Aquarium Advice Freak
On my 75 gallon tank I have a 2 bulb t8 shop light 65k bulbs from Home Depot and a 2 bulb t5ho light with 65k bulbs. Is this considered medium lighting. The fixtures are sitting on a diy canopy 4 inches above the top.

It'd probably be low end medlight.. what are your concerns? ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just trying to find out what level of lighting I have. I was having a problem with blue green algae but have seemed to correct this with many water changes and cleaning the substrate gently. I'm considering led lighting but have not made a decision yet. I may try one on my 29 gallon planted. In addition to maintaining with water changes, I have cut back on feeding, upgraded to an FX5 and have reduced the lighting. I think with my previous filter and power heads I was not getting proper circulation. I'm open to any thoughts or suggestions.

It'd probably be low end medlight.. what are your concerns? ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1 that light will be around low-med, medium light. I would defintely recommend upgrading to LEDs if you have the money. They will take up a lot less room and save on bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom