Light setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giffmastaflex

Aquarium Advice Freak
Share your light set up and the success that you had with your plants!!!! Pics are always welcomed

On my 60g planted, I run a high tech/high light system...I have a dual 48" T5HO fixture with 2 54 watt 6700K bulbs inside, and 2 48" Current TrueLumen Pro 8,000K "Sun White" high output LED strips. Gets my plants colored up very well :D

ikH7YfpbFtmsv.jpg

izhJ8dtulWmM4.jpg

i3cpqWIWOVG66.jpg

not as nice as his ^ lol but heres mine with an aquaticlife T5HO 36" inch dual lamp light fixture, with 2x 6500k 39 watt lights sitting on a 38 gallon tank, 18 inches from the substrate, also use injected Co2 and dose with PPS-Pro.

this tank is also only 2 months old and my first shot with a planted tank after being out of the hobby for 5 years due to military service.

Attachments

• IMAG0227.jpg
    IMAG0227.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 72
not as nice as his ^ lol but heres mine with an aquaticlife T5HO 36" inch dual lamp light fixture, with 2x 6500k 39 watt lights sitting on a 38 gallon tank, 18 inches from the substrate, also use injected Co2 and dose with PPS-Pro.

this tank is also only 2 months old and my first shot with a planted tank after being out of the hobby for 5 years due to military service.

I like the look of your tank!

more of a jungle type look i guess, ive got the growing plants part down pretty good, im taking a grocery bag worth of clippings out once a week :p. Though i really like how you did your aquascape, i wanna try something like that when i upgrade to my 120 gallon in a year or two. also thanks!

more of a jungle type look i guess, ive got the growing plants part down pretty good, im taking a grocery bag worth of clippings out once a week :p. Though i really like how you did your aquascape, i wanna try something like that when i upgrade to my 120 gallon in a year or two. also thanks!

I like that "overgrown" look, although it only works in some tanks. Like mine, I dot think it would look too well lol I have to keep it spiffy...and yes my plants grow like crazy too :D Good luck with your new tank :)

Some very nice looking setups.... My plants seem to get munched by the orandas grrr!! But wouldn't be without them lol... I battle on :)
They seem to grow as fast as there eaten..
I'm using standard bulbs that came with the tank T5's ... I use them JBL balls in the substrate

image-1201949525.jpg

Attachments

• image-3666397194.jpg
    image-3666397194.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 63
i3cpqWIWOVG66.jpg

Dan is this 'Cuba' great looking ludwigia if so. Want me some now!

I run an aquaticlife fixture on my farmer hodge podge 20l. It's too much light for the tank so I have it partially screened.

image-2054972766.jpg

i3cpqWIWOVG66.jpg

Dan is this 'Cuba' great looking ludwigia if so. Want me some now!

Haha yes that plant is ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata 'Cuba'. I am trying to get it even redder, I can sell you some of you want...:brows: Anyway, I have another tank - my 6g that I am starting with DSM running a Finnex Ray 2. It has been growing the HC and DHG great! Will post a pic later so this post isn't off topic lol.

Haha yes that plant is ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata 'Cuba'. I am trying to get it even redder, I can sell you some of you want...:brows: Anyway, I have another tank - my 6g that I am starting with DSM running a Finnex Ray 2. It has been growing the HC and DHG great! Will post a pic later so this post isn't off topic lol.

In setting up a 40b after my first mts batch of '13 is ready. You liking the ray 2 so far? It's the fixture I planned on using. I also have a 8000 k strip like yours that I bought from a member here.

Back
Top Bottom