Lighting advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murano22s

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I everyone, I am new to this forum, hopefully it is better than the previous ones... So I have a 46 gallon bow front tank with some live plants... Java fern, dwarf sword grass, and dwarf baby tears. I have 4x36 t5 lighting no c02 yet but will add some as soon as my DIY system is built. Right now I run only half the lights but they are all daylight bulbs. I do not know if I need to run a pink bulb for growth? I'm getting major growth out of the fern obviously, but nothing out of the tears or grass. I'm tempted to go buy more of the grass and baby tears as my plans for the tank only include these three plants, but I'd like to get the current to grow out instead. I do not run fertilizer at all. I have had the tank running for about 8 months the substrate is sand and I do not clean it, I do turn it while cleaning, I figured this would create a natural fertile substrate though I could be wrong. Weekly water changes are the norm and I do syphon from the bottom again i don't know if that would make a difference. Everything in the tank is natural including the wood and rock. I guess this is more than a lighting question...

Back
Top Bottom