Lighting configuration question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrrrkva

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, I finally ordered tank a few weeks ago and it should be on its way soon. I decided on the Corner bow tank with 4 foot legs. It is 30 inches deep. I am going with 3X400 MH lighting. Should I go with 3 14k Hamiltons. Or 2 10k Ushios and a 20k radium? I wanted to avoid using VHO's actinics at this point, and wanted a ice blue color.

Also any big difference between Marine Depot's PFO ballast and Hamiltons ballasts?

Last question, will I get better coverage with 3X400 watters than I would with 4X250. Of course there is more "wattage" but I am wondering about dark spots

I dont have an opinion on the coverage question, i never had to light a bowfront before, but with the Spectrum question, I tried using 2x175W 20k CV lights on my 55gal tank and found that i needed to retrofit in some T8 Actinics into my hood. Although the 20ks are very blue, they do not offer the "Glow" that Actinic 03s will give off your more florescent corals.

Back
Top Bottom