Lighting for a 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

myBrainHurts

Aquarium Advice Regular
What would you guys recommend for for a 10 gallon tank for the lighting?

I have a couple of clamp lamps with 13w cfls in them. That should be good for low and medium light plants. No need to spend more money on an LED or T5 for a tank that size, imo.

I'm going to get the aqueon dual t5 fixture. Will balance my tank to about 3.8wpg and will also look very nice.

Are you going for higher light then? I have a single t8 15 watts on a 10 gal and the plants are all doing great

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you are getting that high wpg and PAR than you should consider a co2 system. Wouldn't really recommend liquid ferts with high light tanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am already dosing fert, I have co2 running already, and root tabs are in place.

Ok than you should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I got the new light and new substrate. I will post pictures soon to see what you guys think

Here's a picture of it all cleared up and the difference between my old lights and new ones.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419795441.121061.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419795483.970693.jpg

Looks nice. I always say to spend more on lighting than going cheap, especially if you want it to look nice. Many people use the clip on lights, but they look so cheap and bother me. I ended up with LEDs and I am happy, especially since I wont have to change them for years. To each their own though.

Ya I wanted to go led but couldn't find anything I really wanted. I ended up finding the aqueon dual t5 fixture for around $50 at petsmart. All of them are so expensive but this one is doing the job so far. Almost better than my friends dual Corallife. Let me know how the LEDs work out.

Back
Top Bottom