Lighting for a 33L tank and 20L tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DancingMad

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Lighting for a 40L tank and 20L tank

I am new to these forums so I apologize if I am posting this in wrong area or this has all ready been covered in another thread. I currently have a 20L aquarium setup with

3 emerald cory catfish
8 Platys
3 Dwarf Gouramis
2 Zebra Nerite Snails

I am looking for lighting suggestions for the 20L tank. I will be upgrading to a 40L tank and need advice on lighting for that tank as well. I will transition the fish from the 20L to the 40L and pick up a few more Gouramis and possible platys later on when the 40L is settled and the cycling process is over. I wanted to add some more fish to the 40L when I have it fully setup and was open to suggestions on some "larger fish" that would mesh well with my current fish setup. I was thinking of stocking the tank with non artificial plants and I know that plays a roll into which lighting to get. Any feedback would be awesome and I am fairly new to the hobby...been using local pet stores for advice. Not sure what plants I plan on adding to the tank, any advice on that would be great as well. I plan on using sand as a substrate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom