Lighting for a 5.5 Low Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottyhorse

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 5.5 gallon Petco glass tank. I have decided I want to do the least amount of plant maintenance as possible. I bought a bunch of plant bulbs, and a couple fake plants. I'll be using liquid ferts once a week since the tank is so small. I'll also add a couple Java ferns. I was thinking of getting a little LED clip on light. Just wondering what would be best. Thanks :)

Do you have the Petco 6.6gal Bookshelf tank? I'm thinking not judging by your description as the 6.6gal does come with a light.

Low wide is the tank? You could consider a Marineland 17" Hidden LED. They're designed to either clip onto the rim or be suctioned cup into any spot in the tank. I have the 21" (experimenting) one on my 20gal long shrimp tank which just has Java Fern, Anubias and a Crypt.

Other options include a clip on table lamp with CFL bulbs.

It's just the empty 5.5 galllon tank from Petco.

The dimensions are 16 3/16 x 8 3/8 x 10 1/2 (I think)

I'm not really looking for anything too fancy. Just to light a few plants. Also the tank looks sad with no light :lol:

For a tank that size, consider a simple desk lamp with a CFL bulb or one with multiple LED's. basically just want to keep the color temp at around 6500K.

Could you link me to a few? I'm horrid when it comes to lights. :lol:

Ugh .. the web's slow today. I'll get back to you. I looked up some simple clip on lamps from Target, Walmart and even Home-depot. I know the bulbs you can get from H-Depot.

Back
Top Bottom