Lighting help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Zoo Med dual T5HO should give you a good medium light on that tank. I had the same light on my 29g before I went high light. They are a pretty good light for the price. Be sure and get the FW bulbs for it. OS.

A 40B is not 18" tall its more like 16" so it would still be a good medium light. A 10,000K bulb is right at the far blue end of the spectrum of useful light for plants. It would work but would also be great for algae. Why do you want one that high? OS.

Last edited:
Kind of got stuck with the 10k as they were on sale with the zoo med I got a while back and were the only ones left at petco. I got them 9$ a piece, my lfs has same 23$.

You could use it just until Petco got some Ultra Sun and Flora Grow bulbs in. The ones made by Zoo Med are $14.95 each down here at our Petco. Have you looked online? OS.

The petco near me is no longer stocking them and is going LED zoo med. that's why I think they were on sale got the hood for 30$. There 13$ I think on amazon but I'm just paranoid about them breaking because I know how they are at UPS. Thanks for the info tho I was told these were highlight for my tank and that they would be pushing my plants to hard and I've also read zoo med lights are low light no matter what pretty much.

You know you're right. I just looked and most on line places are not offering the fluorescent Zoo Med anymore. I guess that's progress? OS.

Its still really cloudy bit I got the dirt and a black diamond sand cap in. Planted my jungle val and added my drift wood.
What ya think?

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1391128397733.jpg
    1391128397733.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 47
Nice! You'll have lots of options planting on and around the long DW. Your cloudiness will go away in a few days. No biggie. Congrats! OS.

Hi guys!
I think I have found a good option for my tank tell me what you think. I found these on ebay and ordered 2 18" strips they adhere to the bottom of my hood look great and I can run them along with my current T8 lights! I think I'm gonna add at least 2 more strips though. So how do u figure out what my lighting will be with the 2 extra steps high med low???
Aquarium Fish Tank WHITE 6500K Lighting LED Strip 100 Lumins per ft ...Item #:*270975018457

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom