Lighting in tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erin Sarah

Aquarium Advice Regular
An someone please explain the lighting in a tank, I have no idea what each different type mean or what the different types are? Any information would be good. Thanks

It would be easier to know what you'll be needing it for. What kind of tank do you have?

I have a fresh water tropical tank with live plants in it, it is 250L

If your keeping low light plants your average strip light could handle that but a dual t5 HO light would give you a lot more options if you wanted to get more demanding plants

I have amazon sword, plant on drift wood and another on a clay pot. I have no idea if they are low light plants or high

Seems like you've got low to moderate lighting needs which basic lighting can sustain do you want to expand into more plants or just wondering how to best care for the ones you have

I just want to know what all the different information is about lights, I have three lights which came with my tank, two are white and one is pink. I don't know what the different is and what I should be using

The two white ones are probably the basic lights, the pink one is colormax which helps make the tank look better but doesn't help plants much.

Pink one is probably floramax bulb and is popular in hobby for use of live plants. U could use any combination and be ok.

Back
Top Bottom