Lighting necessary?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHead707

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just starting up a 10g tank. do i need any sort of hood and lighting for it. i plan on having a couple plants but nothing super crazy

:thanks: -BJ

The sky is the limit when it comes to lights. Price depends on how.bright and how big. What size tank do you have?

The lighting will depend on the plants that you want. Most work around HOB filters I believe. I am setting up mine tonight for my 20 gal tank. Most are not that expensive for a tank that small.

You can upgrade what you have. Do you have incandescent sockets or fluorescent strips for light? If they're regular lights you can get compact fluorescents

You can upgrade what you have. Do you have incandescent sockets or fluorescent strips for light? If they're regular lights you can get compact fluorescents

i dont have a hood or any lighting at all atm. just wondering if its necessary and does it make the tank look a lot brighter?
right now i have the tank near our balcony of the apartment which has a sliding glass door so that is the source of light throughout the day
because i keep the blinds open

Back
Top Bottom