Lighting! Need some help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big_al01

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I've really been wanting some led lights for my new 55 gallon planted, but I've read that no led's can really grow plants that well unless you buy an led light that is meant to grow plants which can be very, very pricey. So I was looking at some t5 fixtures and found and odysse dual t5 48'' and I was interested in that because I know that HO t5 can surely grow plants! But I've heard that led's are sooo much better than t5 and that t5 bulbs go out quickly and are expensive in the long run! Which would I get? I need help please!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What kind of plants you looking to grow? You want high tech? Co2?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Low high and medium light plants and probably not any co2 yet but seachem flourish excel

I would go with the finnex planted plus on amazon. Great light and not a bad price at all. It grows all my plants well and I have a pretty deep tank. Odyssea fixtures are junk. I had one and it lasted a whole 6 months before the ballast burned out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Finnex planted plus would work great for that. Pretty much same setup I have with low to med light and just metricide 14. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407252253.750756.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'd second the finnex planted plus..you could always double up if you want to go high light.. i have one and its a great light..

You think it would do goood for a 55 gallon?

Yah, should give you solid low light, you could grow some low bushy plants like narrow.leaf chain sword and some taller stem plants like rotala rotundifolia. .the ray 2 will give you more options it just lacks the reds and blues the planted plus has that give the tank a warmer look..

Yeah I agree about the P+. You could probably get some nice explode low light out of it, probably more like low-medium imo. Staurogyne repens grows well under it.

Back
Top Bottom