lighting problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bosslady

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had problems with my VHO lights for about a month. The first problem blubs blew. Thought it was just blubs but then found out end cap on one bad. Changed it and replaced blubs. Blubs blew again. Replaced wireing and ballast. Now everything working. The problem is that the process of replacing everything took time. LFS took 3 weeks to get VHO blubs in. There is only one store in my area that would even order them. Now my rock does not look as pretty as before. The purple color has faded. It doesn't look white but not as rich brown either. Will the color return?

As long as there is some coralline in the tank it will eventually recover. If it's only a slight color fade, it should rebound fairly well chemistry depending.

Cheers
Steve

thanks my water is fine. I do my water changes every two weeks. It was just a pain trying to get the lights on. No lfs there are only 2 the next nearest one is 2 hours away could get the light. One wouldn't even try and he carries salt water fish. The other kept saying it was on back order.

I buy my bulbs from fosters & smith, great prices, low shipping cost, bulbs arrive in 3 days to 5 at the most. I too, am in Louisiana. You may want to give them a try.

Back
Top Bottom