Lighting question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pleechford

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys, so my mom has a 29g bow front tank and she is wanting to add coral and such to it but I told her she needs to get something better than her t8 full spectrum bulb. What do you guys suggest as far as lighting for coral? She is willing to spend what she needs so no budget to worry about.

I would say to get a decent quality fixture with 4 t5 bulbs. Do you know the length of the tank?

It's the same as a 20 gallon tall I do believe. 24" long.

yep a 4 lamp T5 with individule reflectors is enough. are you sure is a 29g bow, not a 26? i have an aqueon 26gbow and i have a 4 lamp fixture with 2 KZ super blues a kz fiji purple and a kz coral light II 14000k. i'm not housing corals right now so i only have two lamps on but they are inded extremely bright

Gti_Leo said:
yep a 4 lamp T5 with individule reflectors is enough. are you sure is a 29g bow, not a 26? i have an aqueon 26gbow and i have a 4 lamp fixture with 2 KZ super blues a kz fiji purple and a kz coral light II 14000k. i'm not housing corals right now so i only have two lamps on but they are inded extremely bright

Yeah I'm sure it's a 29g bow front. Thank you so much for your input!!

Back
Top Bottom