Lighting Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jconner3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a 60 gallon (48x12x24) tank for Christmas so im going to move all my fish from my 46 bow front to that tank. This leaves me with an extra 36 inch light (this one: Amazon.com: Zoo Med AquaSun T5-HO Double Light Linear Fluorescent Hood, 36-Inch: Pet Supplies) that I can possibly use for my 40 breeder. It currently has a 36 watt coralife t5 fixture on it and im running pressurized co2 and I dose flourish comprehensive every few days if I remember If I put the t5ho on there, will I need to actually start dosing ferts in the tank?

Also, if I buy the 4 foot version of that light (Amazon.com: Zoo Med AquaSun T5HO Aquarium Hood 48in: Pet Supplies) will it be strong enough that I can grow medium light plants in the 60 gallon without investing in another co2 set up for a couple of months? Im a little concerned that I wont be able to adequately light and plant a tank that deep.

Another completely unrelated question, for whatever reason the silicone tubing keeps suctioning together to where its flat and then the pressure builds up and the line pops. This is the third time it's happened, any idea why?

I have to say that I'm confused as to which light goes with what tank, and what tank is in question. Sorry, you just had a lot of information bunched up, maybe its just me.

You will probably not have what I personally would consider medium light in a 24" deep tank with 2xT5HO. That being said, "medium light" means different things to different people, and without knowing what you're trying to do, it's hard to say one way or another if what you're trying to do will pan out.

Back
Top Bottom