Lighting, will these do? PC fixture on 75 planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NexVobis

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I thought my old fixture was done with, turns out its just the light bulbs. Need to buy 4 white bulbs. I have two blues but read blues are not good for plants. The white ones won't turn on so I have to replace them, 55w, 10000k will those get my Ludwigia and water wisteria growing? 4 bulbs two switches. Each switch turns on 2 bulbs, back and front. Also will these kill my java fern, swords and anubias? This is for my 75 gal tall, planted tank.

Attachments

• image-3202736199.jpg
    image-3202736199.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 50
10000K bulbs will work great for growing plants. You are on the right track.

fort384 said:
10000K bulbs will work great for growing plants. You are on the right track.

Sweet!! Thank you. What's your opinion on the high lights for my anubias, swords and java fern? Oh and the blue bulb question. Please!

Actinic bulbs are not effective for growing plants, you are right about that.

I wouldn't call 110W of PC lighting on a 75gal tank high lighting. I would put you in the medium category. I think it would do great for anubias, swords, and java fern.

You will want to keep an eye on nitrates and make sure you aren't bottoming out, and you might benefit from the addition of a K/trace mix like API Leafzone or tetraflorapride.

fort384 said:
Actinic bulbs are not effective for growing plants, you are right about that.

I wouldn't call 110W of PC lighting on a 75gal tank high lighting. I would put you in the medium category. I think it would do great for anubias, swords, and java fern.

You will want to keep an eye on nitrates and make sure you aren't bottoming out, and you might benefit from the addition of a K/trace mix like API Leafzone or tetraflorapride.

Well its 4 bulbs, so its 220w. Ah ok, thanks I'll keep an eye out on that. I'm excited to go home and replant my ludwigia and w. wisteria. Good my anubias actually have new leaves coming out already. I need to buy more flourish excel and the tetrafin plant fert.

Dosing excel on that large of a tank must cost a fortune! Search for glutaraldehyde on amazon. Less than $30 for a gallon. You can then dilute that gallon with 1.6 gallons of distiller water to make 2.6 gallons of excel for about 15% of the cost.

fort384 said:
Dosing excel on that large of a tank must cost a fortune! Search for glutaraldehyde on amazon. Less than $30 for a gallon. You can then dilute that gallon with 1.6 gallons of distiller water to make 2.6 gallons of excel for about 15% of the cost.

Ah yeah can be pricey. Ok thanks for that valuable info. I'll see where I can buy the glut and try it out! Thanks once again!!!

Back
Top Bottom