Lighting your reef... Best bang for your buck.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bet you are stoked
Mine was tricky to do because I didn't want to lose my 55g fresh water tank in the same wall.
mlZEc1E.jpg

I have a build page. The water has to travel upward to the sump. Tricky.

Not much. IMO the Crees seem to be more efficient. But for our uses it doesn't really matter that a Cree 90 watt fixture could produce the same PAR as 120 watt fixture with less efficient LEDs can produce. The 40 watt power draw difference is negligible.

I'm sure if you tell them one or the other. There going to ship you whatever is on top of the stack.

I'm sure if you tell them one or the other. There going to ship you whatever is on top of the stack.

I asked and the guy said its Cree. He says he ships out Cree unless the customer wants bridglux. I just got them today and I will be mounting them tomorrow. Review to follow. So far they are very bright. One thing I wonder if you can do what ppl have said to do with the dimmer knob. So you can do sunrise to sunset. It should only be one wire at low and one at high. I will so some research. If anyone else knows anything pleae chime in. ;)

I've noticed with the cheaper no name dimmables. That there isn't much dimming. It ramps up either hi or low fast. There's not much in between

Ok so I did a small video on how the 120w full spectrum dim able Cree LEDs work. Obv you guys know how it works bit I did one anyway. Now they are really bright so it's hard for the camera to focus on all the light. Personally I think they are great. I am in the middle of filling up my tank and setting it all up so pardon the mess. I have wires everywhere and still need to cut the wall out for the tank. I think corals will do just fine under just 2 of these. There is no dark spots in the tank. http://youtu.be/1SP_93depQg

Well I got my Taotronics and a reefbreeder led value fixture and I have a couple complaints they both have the plug outlets on top of the units and the cords are too short causing me some real headaches tryinh to install the in my canopy. I have a short canopy and puts the uunit like 5-6" away from the water. Before I start cutting into the canopy is that to close for them to be??

As long as they aren't getting splashed and they aren't making a spotlight effect, you should be ok. I would rather have them on top of the canopy anyway, keeping them away from the humid environment.

I went on eBay and bought the 10 footers for my tank. They work great, and were only like 8 bucks a pair

Back
Top Bottom