Lighting your reef... Best bang for your buck.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes uv would be 10-400nm as per wiki, 430nm led probably will have better effect on my corals than green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so I am seriously considering the Tao's. My question is will the Tao's be a better light for me on my 92 gallon corner? My current fixture is a 36" 2 T-5ho 460nm blues and 2 125w MHs. I need to replace the MH bulbs and I also need to replace a ballast ASAP. which form of lighting would be better? I have no problem investing the money in fixing what i have if that is what i need to do.

Josh

Tao's are better for the long term benefits of cost savings and are considered at least equal if not better for corals

Lighting your reef...Best bang for your buck.

I agree. Much better than the halide fixture. Much more powerful too.
These are the ones I just got-
New Dimmable 120W Aquarium Coral Reef Fish Tank White Blue LED Light Black Shell | eBay
They are better quality than the last ones i had. i suggest 2 from this guy. I don't know if they are the exact same units, but mine are completely silent and have nicer knobs and hanging kits than the others I have purchased.

These are not Tao Tronics are they?

Well, 36" is pushing it, and you'll have low light areas in the far corners. For roughly $100.00 a piece I would get 2 of them. I just searched for a link, and saw that the guy i bought them from doubled his prices. I think he made a mistake, but here are the ones i am using-
New Dimmable 120W Aquarium Coral Reef Fish Tank White Blue LED Light Black Shell | eBay
This happens every so often and then he changes the price back. I got mine for under $100.00 shipped.
Here is a multicolored unit from another vendor-
Special offers Full Spectrum 165W Dimmable LED Aquarium Light Reef Coral Marine | eBay

Does it look different? I was going to order the ones you bought but they are 100 bucks more now.

Just wait it out. They will go down again. I like the looks of the blue and white fixtures better, but there are folks that like the multicolored ones better. It's a matter of personal preference.

Back
Top Bottom