Lights bulbs blown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IhaveNemos

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got home after a week and my lights were on a timer while i was gone. I have 3x 250W MH, the center one seems to be working fine, the outer two are arcing right across the "void" from filament to filament, but not lighting up. The is a fairly loud buzzing as well.

Are my bulbs blown?

I just got the hood brand new about a week and a half ago~

are the lights well ventliated, i had the same issue and it was too much heat.. Turn them off for 15 and switch them on they should come back. But you will need more ventaliation.
cheers

Brad

They have fans built in, it is a Coralife setup..I just assumed it would cool itself fine. Im going to put a floor fan on it and see what happens, thank you!

Could be a problem with the ballasts. Which model is the light fixture? I would call Coralife, they have very good customer sevice.

If the lights don't come back on after turning them off for awhile dont leave them running in the hope of them lighting. The constant arcing is not a good thing for anything electrical. But I will agree it does sound like a ballast issue.

Back
Top Bottom