Lights creating algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I do want a blenny anyway an figured if there was a algae eating one that'd be both kool and beneficial. What's the reccomendations to get rid of algae tho? I switched to ro di I did a 10g water change yesterday and did a 10g water change today and today sucked up some substrate with algae on it.

It's a slow process. It's not going to clear up in a week.
Just cut back on feeding and do weekly water changes. Feed every other day or every 3rd day even for a while.

Hard to say. Every tank is different. Different lighting, different bio load. A couple months before you see results would be my guess.

Well I see results today everyday for the pas couple weeks it was spreading every day you could tell. But today and yesterday it has not spread any further between the snails and couple water changes might have stunted it pretty good. Also am looking into a hob protein skimmer and was thinking that would help out am I correct? Was leaning towards to reef octopus for my 55g would the larger model be better?

Question: Do you have a Skimmer? i haven't seen anything in the thread.. however i maybe over looking one or 2 also. a Skimmer could help you a ton with keep nutrients down. Have you had any luck with reducing the algae?

Well I see results today everyday for the pas couple weeks it was spreading every day you could tell. But today and yesterday it has not spread any further between the snails and couple water changes might have stunted it pretty good. Also am looking into a hob protein skimmer and was thinking that would help out am I correct? Was leaning towards to reef octopus for my 55g would the larger model be better?
I would always shoot for something 1.5 to 2 times your total system volume. For a 55 gallon, I would look at skimmers rated for 100+ gallons.

I'm just waiting on the taxes to get deposited into the bank account then I'm almost set n getting that one.

Back
Top Bottom