Lights from Home Depot safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dotswithchemicals

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was planning to get a cheap light form Home Depot, but I'm wondering if its safe.. I found it from a youtube video but I cant see the top of the tank so I'm not sure what they have supporting something like it.

4-Lamp T8 4FT Electronic Resi 120-Volt-71038 at The Home Depot

Anyone used one or something similar they can share with me? The main reason I want a good light is to grow plants and isn't selling for like 400$. :)

I know there are others here using shop lights or DIY light set-ups. Just a suggestion, but have you tried ebay for lights? I have an Odyssea 48" dual bulb 65k T5HO light I purchased for @$65 (plus free shipping) off of ebay. Nothing fancy but functional & inexpensive.

I was planning to get a cheap light form Home Depot, but I'm wondering if its safe.. I found it from a youtube video but I cant see the top of the tank so I'm not sure what they have supporting something like it.

4-Lamp T8 4FT Electronic Resi 120-Volt-71038 at The Home Depot

Anyone used one or something similar they can share with me? The main reason I want a good light is to grow plants and isn't selling for like 400$. :)

I'd fit a piece of fiber/acrylic glass sheeting on the bottom, and you'd probably need to make a plywood ballast for it!

Back
Top Bottom