Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishfan321

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm stuck between these two lights which is better for keeping beginner corals in a 30 long tank?

Attachments

• image-3981920556.jpg
    image-3981920556.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 80
  • image-2909128743.jpg
    image-2909128743.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 92
Neither, they're both junk. The bulbs suck, the ballasts suck, the fixtures suck.

Look, if you're on a tight budget, then look into the Odyssea. I use it on my 20 gallon set up, and have had no problems. Is it a permanent solution? Absolutely not. And, yes, higher end lights do shine brighter, and look better over all, but like I said, if you are on a tight budget, then go for it, but if you have the funds, then you would be better off springing for something better from the get-go. BTW, the Odyssea is cheaper at aquatraders:
T5 High Output

Just the opposite. If you're on a tight budget you'll end up wasting money and spending more because the bulbs are absolutely horrible. They cast an ugly, greenish light. They burn out REALLY quick, To replace the bulbs it'll cost you 21 dollars per bulb. The ballast WILL burn out and quickly, definately within a year if not sooner. At that point you can TRY to find a replacement ballast and if you are lucky enough to find one it'll cost you 60 bucks per ballast. A complete waste of money. Been there, done that, dealt with it.

You will have equal luck and savings by patrolling craigslist. Also check out current USA or fishneedit for lighting.

This one???? I checked craigslist and found a metal halide for 400$ so nuthin really:(

Attachments

• image-2594720581.jpg
    image-2594720581.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 85
Here's the specs of the most recently posted any advice or links is greatly appreciated.. I've truthfully looked for about 3 months

Oops here's pic

Attachments

• image-4274758000.jpg
    image-4274758000.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 93
fishneedit.com is a great place for lights. I got one recently and couldn't be happier. They have 24", 30", 36", and 48". They have each in 2 and 4 bulb fixtures.

mfdrookie516 said:
fishneedit.com is a great place for lights. I got one recently and couldn't be happier. They have 24", 30", 36", and 48". They have each in 2 and 4 bulb fixtures.

I'll check it out thanks

Back
Top Bottom