Lights!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeyGGGG

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a standard 55 gallon tank set up with about 10 amazon swords, 6 anubias, a wisteria, anarchias, or however you spell that, and aquatic ferns. My question is that with a standard 55 with it's original hood could I grow these plants effectively? I have the 15 watt t5 plant growth tubes.

Just going by the wattage, probably not, but I'm not sure how bright they would get. I have two 35w T8's over a 55 gallon that are growing those plants just fine (except for the anacharis, which I'm looking for!). Any idea what the aquatic fern is, or is it what the petstore had labeled as aquatic fern? I've seen those.

KaylNeko said:
Just going by the wattage, probably not, but I'm not sure how bright they would get. I have two 35w T8's over a 55 gallon that are growing those plants just fine (except for the anacharis, which I'm looking for!). Any idea what the aquatic fern is, or is it what the petstore had labeled as aquatic fern? I've seen those.

Yes I would also agree!! Had some in my 55G but little higher than 35W and grew great! Gave plants to friend because I got a pleco in there.

Okay well it was the petsmart fish tube that was labeled fern. How would I go about finding a light setup like that? Any big stores? Or did you special order?

Home Depot :D

Got this one because of the reflectors they had. Good reflectors increase the amount of light the plants get. They have cheaper ones that are decent.

Those look good. Do you hang them from the ceiling? That might be a deal breaker for me

Back
Top Bottom