Lil piece of ocean 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kbeezy83

Aquarium Advice Regular
For some reason I went to post updated pics . N it wouldn't let me post on my old thread:banghead:.. so here r some old pics n recent pics of my 37g cube!!!! Old pics

Attachments

• securedownload-10.jpg
    securedownload-10.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 148
  • securedownload-19.jpg
    securedownload-19.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 155
  • securedownload-20.jpg
    securedownload-20.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 165
new pics

Recent pics of tank!!!

Attachments

• securedownload-18.jpg
    securedownload-18.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 159
  • securedownload-10-1.jpg
    securedownload-10-1.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 155
  • securedownload-9-1.jpg
    securedownload-9-1.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 146
  • securedownload-6-1.jpg
    securedownload-6-1.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 142
I hate the look of frag plugs so the old pics made me cringe a little :whistle:

But the newer pics look great! (y)

Whats the difference in time between the pics?

Looking great :) Does your anemone ever move?

The only time it ever moves is when i redo the rock work.. but for most part it stays right were it is at. its just recovering from getting sucked up in the powerhead. the suction cups failed and it fell on my rbta:banghead: i haf a green one that would not stay put for nothin !!

I hate the look of frag plugs so the old pics made me cringe a little :whistle:

But the newer pics look great! (y)

Whats the difference in time between the pics?

Ok the old pics with all the frags r from march. since then I've only bought one acro for $20 and a pygmi angel for $35. the rest of the corals came from trades.. i had a dizaster back n Nov pretty much started over.. so i fragged what i was able to save for trading.. i hate the look of the plugs also. i don't like to mount them till they get a lil bigger n i find the best spot for them.

Wow, very nice. I thought it would have been quite a bit more time between those pics.

Wow, very nice. I thought it would have been quite a bit more time between those pics.

N believe it or not i run tap water n just a canister filter. o n of course a hob skimmer! My tank has never seen rodi water.. so much easier to care for. but its about 5months n btween pics. untill i have a major problem I'm not changing anything.

The only time it ever moves is when i redo the rock work.. but for most part it stays right were it is at. its just recovering from getting sucked up in the powerhead. the suction cups failed and it fell on my rbta:banghead: i haf a green one that would not stay put for nothin !!

Ooo that's horrible. Looks like it's recovering nicely. And tap water :eek: I won't say anything other than I'm surprised with the good results.

Ooo that's horrible. Looks like it's recovering nicely. And tap water :eek: I won't say anything other than I'm surprised with the good results.

A lot of people have very differing qualities of tap water. I currently use tap water in my reef and after 6 months the only algae I have in my tank is an abundance of coralline.

Theres 0 phosphates, nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, heavy metals, and low amounts of chlorine. I'll eventually upgrade to ro/di but it's far from the top of my list.

I have a five gallon gas can i keep my water in. But in that can i put marine conditioner, ph stabilizer.. also a panty hose with carbon and ammo chips.
I also run that in my canister filter. i ato myself and 2part dose it every morning when i wake up.I've been running a tank 3yrs with tap water.. from Lafayette to Houston using tap n no disaster yet ..( bang on wood). And I've been keeping hard corals for about 2yrs now ... and if u noticed from the old pics to the new pics the rbta is in the same spot!!

You may have been lucky with tap water, but you're the exception. In most areas of the country tap water is loaded, sometimes over 300ppm of metals, nitrates and other docs. It also can vary day to day. The evaporation process will eventually concentrate these materials even with occasional water changes. So I would test my tap water before using it. RO/DI has been a real breakthrough in the past 10 years. I used tap water for decades and griped about all sorts of issues it caused. My wife and I won't even drink it. We drink the RO/DI water.

Back
Top Bottom