limnophila aromatica tip/help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DjBootleg

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's up guys! I need some help with limnophila aromatica.. I've had this plants few times as had no luck. I really want to have success with it.

This time I do have a better planted tank to put it in. It has a great light, planted substrate with a clay bottom also I dose it with liquid ferts.

Now... My question is i just bought some and it has no roots. For this advanced plant should I actually plant it, let if float or sink it with weights until it has roots?

Thanks!!!

I always plant them but understand this plant is very slow to acclimate when being introduced to a new tank and also doesn't tend to ship well. So plant them and leave them alone. Don't trim until they grow a few inches even if they get taller than you want. Once acclimated they do very well and grow like weeds when using CO2. If not using CO2 then a high dose of liquid carbon daily is needed.

I planted these a week ago. At first they were melting like most plants would, but bounced back nicely the next day. I even left some on my kitchen counter top without water they all growing fine. They're the plants on the bottom of the picture. See some melting on some leaf but they'll be fine.

Attachments

• 20140507_153036.jpg
    20140507_153036.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 65
What's up guys! I need some help with limnophila aromatica.. I've had this plants few times as had no luck. I really want to have success with it.

This time I do have a better planted tank to put it in. It has a great light, planted substrate with a clay bottom also I dose it with liquid ferts.

Now... My question is i just bought some and it has no roots. For this advanced plant should I actually plant it, let if float or sink it with weights until it has roots?

Thanks!!!
What do you define as a great light? And on what size tank? Using any Co2? L. Aromatica can be kinda tricky.

Back
Top Bottom