Lionfish freaking out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buratti

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My lionfish has recently gone down hill with his health. As of last week he was happy as could be, but when I fed him the other day, he first attacked the first piece, as usual, then as he went for his second piece of krill, he spit it back out and started going into what seemed like a seizure. He started swimming violently into the glass, then sink to the bottom upside down, then followed by another burst of energy, and so on. This was a few days ago, but i was sure he wouldn't make it the night the way he was acting. The next day he was still alive but laying upside down on the gravel, moving very rarely. For the past few days he has been in the same exact place in the tank without moving, but still alive. His health has been fine in the past, with no spots, cloudy eyes, or fin rot, etc... Even now, although he's breathing a little heavy, he still looks fine. What can be wrong and what can I do to help him. The way it happened so abruptly, it doesn'y seem like a disease or parasite. What can I do???

wow. I have no idea, hopefully someone else does. This sounds almost like a reaction to venom of some kind. Are there any other venomous fish in the tank?

We need more information about your tank to help with this, mostly size, inhabitants, and water parameters and any recent changes. See the "sticky" post in this forum.

Back
Top Bottom