Little fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ConanTheLibraia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got a bunch of schooling fish today to add to the rest of my little guys and the little danios and white clouds fit right in to the main school, but these three extra little tetras try to fit in and get chased away by the bigger dominant danios of the school, the reason i got more fish for the school is so they dont get picked on much since i have 2 semi-agresive gouramis in the tank, but im worried about these little neon tetras that cant seem to fit in and get picked on by the danios/bigger tetras/white clouds. Will they ever fit in or always be picked on outcasts?

ok, im kind of confused by your posting... actually i don't really understand it at all.

anyway what size tank do you have and what all do you have it stocked with? What exactly is the problem with the tetra's? Are they just getting picked on or are they not schooling or what? If you are having aggression problems you can always try rearranging the decor in the tank.

if i understand you right, you're worried about your neons--but it doesn't seem like your other fish are terrribly aggressive--although i really don't know that much about gouramis. neons get larger than whiteclouds who are really mild mannered. and danios aren't really aggressive either. it's probably a case of the tank community finding its balance. in a few days, the tank should probably settle down as the fish get more comfortable in their new surroundings.

hth

or depending on the size of the tank it coud be an overcrowding issue. YOu have a lot of mid/top level fish and doesn't look like a lot of bottom dwellers. I believe with the right mix of bottom mid and top dwelling fish you can "overstock" so to say but if your fish don't have anywhere to establish territory you are likely to encounter a bit of aggression.

Danios are very active fish that love to play and so it may seem like they're picking on the tetras?

Back
Top Bottom