Little surprise!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lexilove

Aquarium Advice Freak
Net to go look for my eel and right in the front of my tank I saw a fry, then another, then another! Eventually came out with 11! havent seen anymore so far but still keeping an eye out! :)

Oh nice :) I thought it was eel fry, I'd never heard of them breeding in captivity, when I had my 1st tank I had sailfin mollies that bred and it Was fun watching them grow, do you have a spare tank/ fry net for them?

For now they are in a 2 g tank with an aitpr stone and I will be doing daily water changes since it has no filter. Had to improvise... Lol

That's fine just use what you got for now and try and sort something out for them when they grow. Hope it goes well, good luck :) keep posting updates.

So far almost all of them are growing 2 have died but the day they did I found 2 more in my tank hiding. 1 is yellow but has a clamped fin, doing my best to keep her alive so far she has. Most of they time she lies on the bottom of the tank. but they are growing fast! I have to get my 10 g set up soon! I just have no room! Waiting on my dresser to get here!

Good job keeping them alive, especially the sick one :) and yea it gets crazy lol I bred HM bettas once and it went really well but such hard work I only did it that one time. Can you get pics? Keep up the good work!

Thank you! And I'll try their still so small! The mom has a little yellow on the top of her and it's beautiful when the light hits her I'll get a pic of they fry and parents. I just have no idea what to do eith them once their grown I have no room for them...

The mom

image-79008281.jpg

image-3998020283.jpg

The dad

image-842186408.jpg

And 2 of the babies. The sick one is swimming! But only in my little cave so can't get a pic

image-1804617854.jpg

Please excuse the background they are on the little desk where I get ready for school lol

They are cool :D and I had the same problem with mine, I gave most of the females to my sister lol and most of the males to a local breeder, could you give/sale them to a lfs?

Last time I had fry (which was bout a year ago) I called petco and they said they would take them. And I have a female platy and she looks like she's bout to have fry. She is being lazy and is really square and that's the way that my balloon was like before she had them so I am watching her too! So I am thinking about putting my frogs into a spare tank for a bit so they won't eat most of the fry like last time! Wow it's not like my fish took all of my time up before but add fry to that...

Haha well your doing well anyway :) and yea live bearers are a nightmare for it, they can normally breed at least once a month.

Yeah I am surprised this is the first time they have. I have had the tank for about 3 months I am also gonna get my 3 year old baby sis a 5 g for Christmas:) she's so excited!

Yea me too lol maybe the stress of moving home. And that's nice, I'm guessing you get to do most of the work for her? :)

Maybe. And yep I already take care of her betta, that she named Cooper lol

She has caught the fish bug early lol at least all the water changes will keep you fit and healthy haha

Back
Top Bottom