Live-bearers only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KingMaddog

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm looking to stock my 29 gallon with live-bearers only. I used aqadvisor and saw that I can have 10 Guppies, 10 Endlers, 5 Julii Corys, 5 Otos, and 6 Cherry Shrimp. It says my filtration is 134% and my stocking is 113%. There are no warnings about being overstocked. Should I put in consideration for breeding? I'm not going to try, but I know it will happen. The decor is going to be fake plants and rocks. Any thoughts on this?

Here is a link to my aqadvisor results. AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

I'm looking to stock my 29 gallon with live-bearers only. I used aqadvisor and saw that I can have 10 Guppies, 10 Endlers, 5 Julii Corys, 5 Otos, and 6 Cherry Shrimp. It says my filtration is 134% and my stocking is 113%. There are no warnings about being overstocked. Should I put in consideration for breeding? I'm not going to try, but I know it will happen. The decor is going to be fake plants and rocks. Any thoughts on this?

Here is a link to my aqadvisor results. AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

If you ddropped down to two cory and two vest you'd be at 98%

As far as bredding of guppies and endlers go just stock males or if you ant a female or two go with endlers since they produce less fry than guppies

Stocking Your Tank

Hello King...

Your Guppies and Endlers are livebearing fish, not the others. I don't rely on advisory sites, just the surface area of the tank and if I can commit to changing a lot of tank water frequently. A longer, narrower 29 G can hold quite a few small fish. So, if you're willing to change half the tank's water every week, and the adult version of your fish isn't more than an inch or two, I'd say you're in business. At least for the present, until the livebearers start their reproduction process. Then, you'll need to make plans for expansion.

B

Guppies and endlers will interbreed. I wouldn't personally mix them, but some people do.

Back
Top Bottom