Live plants in a seaclear system ii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gsusbmw

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I have a 100g freshwater tank. I have 2 live plants in there right now but wanted to add more. The filter holes where the water is returned to the tank are preventing me from planting anything in front of them. Do you guys have any suggestions to how I can plant them. I can't keep gravel close to the holes because the force of the water will push the gravel to the fron of the tank.

Please help!

Jesus

Thank you!!!! :) I am glad I found you guys. From what I can tell you guys are very helpful.
I will take pictures of what I am Talking about. I will post them when I get home.

try plants like java ferns and anubias that attach to rocks or wood.

do you have pics of the tank like neilanh i not real sure on the system.

Yes I do. I was gonna post them last night after work, but completely forgot. I will try to find pics online and maybe that will help. I have a black background so it would make it hard to see the holes.

Here are a few pictures. You will not be able to see clearly what I am talking about but I hope it helps to find an answer. The white holes on the black background are snails popping out are where the holes are. These wholes are making it hard to plant any sort of plant in front of them. Any ideas on how to plant plants there?

Attachments

• image-1266789581.jpg
    image-1266789581.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 93
  • image-1725842558.jpg
    image-1725842558.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 85
Before recommending any specific plants, what kind of lights do you have? Are you running CO2? Are you planning on using any ferts?

The reason I ask is that different plants have different requirements. I don't want to tell you to go get a specific plant just to have it die because you don't have enough lighting.

Do those outlets go all the way down the back of the tank? That would be a lot of holes for a 100g tank! Where is the intake? What about buying river rocks and place them a bit in front of the holes (like 1-2") and then put down the plants?

Smitty said:
Before recommending any specific plants, what kind of lights do you have? Are you running CO2? Are you planning on using any ferts?

The reason I ask is that different plants have different requirements. I don't want to tell you to go get a specific plant just to have it die because you don't have enough lighting.

Do those outlets go all the way down the back of the tank? That would be a lot of holes for a 100g tank! Where is the intake? What about buying river rocks and place them a bit in front of the holes (like 1-2") and then put down the plants?

Yes the holes are all through the back. The intake is an overflow on the left side. I have thought about rocks but that would stop the circulation of the water. I don't have strong light for a plant with high light demand. Right now I have two amazon sword plants and seem to be doing ok. Any recommendations on lighting for a 100g tank?

Lighting is going to depend on what you are looking for, what are your goals.

There is a lot too it. With just standard lighting you are going to be dependent on a pretty small selection of plants. Java Ferns and Java Moss should do OK. A Java Fern can get pretty big in the tank. Personally I would stay away from Java Moss as it can get everywhere and can be hard to get rid of.

Back
Top Bottom