live rock, Should I by

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Strawman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Would you suggest me buying this live rock or for going it and making a trip to where a petco doesn't exist or atleast has competition. This would be for seeding purposes

Attachments

• downsize.jpg
    downsize.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 80
If it's only for seeding then sure, could be used on the bottom to stack nicer pieces on top. I personally think it's not very nice live rock though. It looks to be very dense and doesn't have much growing on it at all. If it were me, I would definitely make the drive for some nicer live rock.

I'm not worried about asthetics, i am more worried about the algae growth, its like a dirty green look, almost brown, appears slimey, and doesn't stick to the rock when it's moved. With that info, would you get it?

No I would not get it. When it comes to seeding a tank you want the best piece of rock that you can get. I am seeding 80 lbs of diy rock right now with 10 lbs of very nice Fiji rock. They are completely covered In good algae and bacteria.

Should make the drive for a better rock. Even though its only for seeding purposes, you'll still keep the rock in your tank.

Life kms said, it looks pretty dense. If you try to find more porous rocks, it'll help out later on with filtration more than that rock. The more surface area a rock has, the better. Also, porous rocks usually weigh less compared to very dense rocks so more money savings there.

Sounds good, where should I order it from? Place with the least die of and most color to their rocks and sells it by the pound?

Cause the drive is six hours one way.

Dang 6hours... I would def order online. Now keep In mind that you have to cure you rock when you order online or else you will have a huge spike. Unless you are going to use the rock to cycle with.

Six hour drive is nothing out here, there are extenuating circumstances keeping me from leaving state.

Back
Top Bottom