Live rock storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galwaydellboy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys

Found a great deal on live rock online

But not setting up aquarium for another 3 months

My question is if I buy it and bag it for a couple of months cannot bring it back to life when I need it ??

Thanks

If you're spending the money on live rock just to let it dry out, you should just by dry rock to begin with. Generally speaking, it's half the price of cheap live rock. That said, you can cure it once you're ready, it'll just take some time.

Hi

Thanks

But I'm in Ireland where we can't get dry live rock

And normal life rock is $19.50 per kg

Where this guy has it for $4.50 per kg as he is moving and needs it gone

Any thoughts

Thanks

From what I've read on here you can keep them alive in buckets with a heater and power head. (oh and water obviously. ) but I'm not sure if you can do that for extended periods of time.

What's up In Ireland great deal on lr ? Yes keep it in water with a power head change out the water every month or when you notice a change needed. It should be fine.

Fish stores keep it in tanks but if you don't have an extra you could use a tupperware tote or a new garbage can

I would get a big plastic tub and fill it with saltwater. Store the rock there with a couple of power heads to keep circulation going. Don't let it all get too hot or cold, but varying a few degrees is no issue. I might place a light on it to prevent all the plant life from dying, but nothing extreme. Do water changes weekly and use your nose to tell you if everything is okay. You might add a tiny bit of shrimp every now and then to keep the bacteria active.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom