Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orca67

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am going to convert my fresh water tank to a reef tank. Went looking at live rock today now have a couple questions about it.

Does it make a difference where it comes from I seen it from Africa, and a couple different place in Indonesia is one better than the other?

Does price make a difference found it priced from $10 a pound down to $6 a pound? and in between?

Doesn't matter where it comes from some just looks different. Price could reflect whether or it it's fully cured or not. I would go with cured live rock there for it would have minimal die off but enough to kick start your cycle.

You should try to get your live rock online. The prices are much better. As for using it to cycle your tank...I have never seen one be able to be done well by LR. Just walk into your grocery store and ask for uncooked shrimp, sometimes they will straight up give you one if you tell them you only need one. I ordered my LR from saltwaterfish.com before I cycled. The prices couldn't be beat, but that was in November so there might be a better deal out there currently. Still a great place to start. Keep us posted on your progression.

Thanks for the info online seems to be the way to go and after a couple hours of surfing the net found Oceanpro is the only place that will ship to Canada:( but I will be saving 75 - 50 % and that includes shipping :)

Back
Top Bottom