Live sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smithcinema

Aquarium Advice Activist
I tank ready for sand 24x24x31 added 80 lbs of Carib sea live sand the fine one !! Man my tank is a mess they say not to wash it so I did not !! U can't see in tank now for 24 hours but my worry is the wetdry full of sand now and my overflow is all sandy with white foam all over every thing what a mess!!! Wanted to add dry rock Friday don't look like that's going to happen !!! Do I need to rip wet dry out and clean it ??

Carey thanks for replying my tank was so perfect every wire pin straight now it's all mucked up lol while I have u was wondering if I should dose I see different systems that people have 1 guy had 2 big syringes with a gravity drip that looked nice never added supplements years ago I purchased a few from kent purple up , liquid calcium reactor and a few more but I read the bottle and I'm confused they all say the same thing looks like same product ???

Oh Carey they say run filters should I turn on my canister or leave it off so I don't sand it out like my wet dry

Running the filtration can only help clear it up so I would leave it be for now.

As far as supplements I don't use any on my tanks, havent had the need. Only when youre corals are using more of the trace elements that are replenished from water changes is when you'd have to even think about it.

I am in the exact same boat as you! Added sand if I couldn't see anything for about 3 days...I didn't have any problems with my equipment, just cleaned it and dusted it off last night and went cloudy again. Woke up this morning and it was crystal clear. I did put a carbon filter in my sump to help get the fine stuff.

Back
Top Bottom