Live shipping help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeeshyRee

Aquarium Advice Freak
okay guys I'm wanting to learn how to ship live shrimp and fish?
Also how do I set up PayPal to receive payments?

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This thread should have come before the other huh;) you'll def need a paypal acct. That can take a few days to process. You'll want breather bags, bubble wrap, java moss for shipping comfort. Always ship on a Monday and check the weather for extremes.. also $2 is a lot for rcs.. going rate is $16-18 for 10+1 shipped 2 day priority mail..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Be sure to insulate your boxes. A lot of packages are OK without it, but it definitely helps keep the animals a little more comfortable and gives an added layer of protection.

You'll need to set up paypal and link it to a bank account, it's a little tedious but it's worth it.

You can ship priority mail on Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, and sometimes Wednesday (plants/dry goods only). If you ship express mail then you can do it on any day except Saturday since the mail doesn't run on Sunday, and be sure to check the expected delivery date because every now and again even express mail is a 2 day delivery.

I had tried to ship fish before and it was a pain in the butt. The cost of shipping supplies and postage was not worth it. I actually ended up losing money and I was giving the fish away for free...I was only charging for actual shipping cost.

I would price everything before you begin to see if it would be cost effective. I ended up giving my surplus fish to a local fish store for store credit, I made out better that way.

But here is a good place to start for some supplies if you have your heart set on it:

Fish Aquarium Supplies, Pond Supplies, Breeding Supplies, Fish Food

This thread should have come before the other huh;) you'll def need a paypal acct. That can take a few days to process. You'll want breather bags, bubble wrap, java moss for shipping comfort. Always ship on a Monday and check the weather for extremes.. also $2 is a lot for rcs.. going rate is $16-18 for 10+1 shipped 2 day priority mail..

Yup, breather bags, moss and maybe a hotdog or two in case they get Hungry
[emoji12] I've seen RCS go for 50 cents a pop plus 3 dollars shipping. Idk about paypal

Wow yep this should definitely have came first lol. Thanks guys I think I might talk to the local store and see if they'd be interested!

Wow yep this should definitely have came first lol. Thanks guys I think I might talk to the local store and see if they'd be interested!

If they're decent cherries? and your lfs is capable, they should scoop them right up! Mine sells rcs for $8/ea.. crazy I know..

Wow

Mine does also. It has to do with the wholesale pricing. The market is strange for rcs since they are easy to breed. Lots of hobbyists have them for sale and since they don't tend to factor overhead the price is bottomed out in private trade. Priority shipping starts at around $6-7 btw not including materials cost.

Sent from Peabody's rabbit hole.

Back
Top Bottom