LiveRock off Ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearsont74

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I searched and found alot off liverock on Ebay - along with fish too
I narrowed my search and found a guy close to my selling LR for like $2/lb...since I am just starting out and I will be cycling for about a month, would this be ok?

I would be 100% sure that you are getting what you think you are getting. It might not be real live rock. It very well could be homemade live rock.

Cycling is easy with live rock that is uncured. Is this live rock cured? Make sure you know what you are getting.

You are down in St Petersburg, FL... have you contacted liverocks.com? They are near the Sponge Docks in the Tampa area. You could get a good deal from them if you drive over and pick it up.

I havent called them yet. and this guy lives close enough I can go and look before buyin. even for base rock....$2/ lb is cheap
my problem is I want to get at least 50lb lr and 30-40lb base, since Im mainly doin a FOWLR I dont need as much but I also want to get LR rubble for my sump.
Im temped to take my dads boat out and dive for rock myself LOL eventhough its illegal :twisted:

If you are a diver, you might be able to hook up with the Liverocks.com folks. They are really nice and tend to give good deals to folks they like.

I know the rock your referencing. I have heard alot of great things about it. I live in So. Cal where it ships from. It is Fiji Premuim and Ultra Premium. Worth looking into!

This guy might be poaching from big blue too.

Although it seems like the cheaper way to go, you are stealing someone's home. You have to live with yourself.

Aqua-cultured from lr.com is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom