Lobster Tank, Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duckdog

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well my parents live above a restaurant and I can have the tank approx 4 x 4 with chiller and some sort of a stage filtration I know little of it. Curiousity has gotten to me any suggestions as to what to keep in it lol if I do get it? I mean come on its free with a chiller and filtration I gotta take it lol. Just thought I would toss the idea around I hope its ok that I post this in the salt area to :) Thank guys and gals lets here the ideas ;-) Maybe even a breeding tank to help support my other tank lol I don't know :)

Not off hand I will in the next few days I just seen it quick and the owners are friends of our so I will have to look and see it comes complete from what I remember its aprox 2' high. Sorry I dont have much info I may look tonight and get all the specs filtration etc Just thought I would run it by people to see if I should get it or not :)

Well its obvious you're not interested... So, you might as well send it my way :p You better get that thing... I'd get some nice cichlids rather than use it for a breeder... Imagine tossing a bunch of mollies or something in there... look in it about 3 months down the line LOL

LOL I dont want to pass it up but I need something to justify it for my GF if it just sits in the garage she will want rid of it but something cool or productive she will likely be cool with it :) She is not home yet still at work so I am thinking HELP ME !! lol please :) hehehe

From your guesstimate, that tank holds @ 240 gallons. 8O The things that can be done with a tank of that size and water volume are just incredible.

You can inform your g/f that you can re-create an entire Amazonian tributary, complete with plants, cave, mud flats...hills, mountain streams....

Lol Jc I will tell her ya said that lol I am thinking of a plant tank? Some of my basic plants are growing like mad now that I have stuff set up :)

I think planted is the only way to go. I'm not a fan of fake plants.

You could always do the river tank Idea if its oblong. Otherwise you could have beach front somwhere for crabs. that would make a nice tank.

Go with a Planted Tank! I love planted tanks and with a tank that size you'd be able to have an awesome setup! have like a huge school of tetras and cory's and maybe some angels and rams(not neons angels will eat them). You are one lucky person I'd love a tank that size but I only have a tiny 42g :(
Good Luck with your tank :p

are we talking about a planted freshwater with a crayfish or a saltwater with a lobster? or is the lobster and the crayfish the same thing?

Something impressively aggressive but not bloodthirsty. A couple of bluegills. 2 males, 2 or 3 females, plus an assortment of "support" fish like guppies and tetras and such... as long as you don't mind the occasional guppy, tetra, or such disappearing :)

Throw in a couple of crickets for a show...

All sounding good for some reason I am leaning towards shrimp? Cherry shrimp actually with plants what colourfull fish would be good with them? I am thinking of maybe breeding them are loacl stores have no fancy shrimp what do you think? Its an idea :)

why are we talking about dwarf fish when we have a huuuuge tank on our hands...lol. J/K

yeah you have an amazing assortment of ways to stock the tank and what you want it to look like, i would dream to get a tank that size for FREE. take it and go with it

if it is a marine tank though it would be sooo expensive just to fill it with some coral, live rock and all the equipment...then you have to buy the fish...yikes!

good luck though, let us know whats going on

I have about 10 cherry red shrimp in my 15gallon tank, and I never see them. Its planted so they have alot of hiding room. With a tank that size I can't immagine how many you would need to be able to see them, but they would breed like bunnies.

I would deffinatly go with multiple species of shirimp tho, they all look soo cool!

K as it seems I will be selling this tank to get some 10gals like four complete ones so anyone interested let me know I will get the specs and pics tomorrow for sure. I would be willing to trade for 10 - 25 gallon tanks with supplies :) or 2 to 4 35gal set ups I hope I dont get in crap for posting this here when I get the specs I will post it in the classified section :)

Back
Top Bottom