Lobsters/Crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BfishLpond78

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, i've been tossing around the idea of getting one of these blue lobster guys cause they seem like a striking addition to a tank. Anyone know the pro's and cons of having one these lil buggers?

Attachments

• p-89576-Hammers-Colbalt-Bl.jpg
    p-89576-Hammers-Colbalt-Bl.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 74
Hi, I have had my blue lobster for about five weeks. He is doing great and is fun to watch. They will greedily eat shrimp pellets. There seem to be a lot of different information out there about them. Many people talk about how they are deadly killers, and will eat any fish that you have at night when they are active. I have also read they they will not bother fish except for slow bottom dwellers. Mine has not bothered any of my cichlids, tiger barbs, or my angel fish.
The only issue that I have read about and have noticed is that they are escape artists. I had to enclose every small opening that is in my aquarium top. He still likes to climb to the top and look for a way out. I also had to change the way I treat algae. You cant use chemicals with fresh water invertebrates.
I love my blue lobster and would reccommend one. Just make sure you have plenty of hiding spots and plenty of shrimp pellets. I would not recommend one if you have algae eaters or bottom dwellers.

it all depends on there personaluty,you could get a murderous demon,or you could get one like mine,who will only scare them away.ive got mine in with fish,and shes never killed any,even though they try to take her food.youve just gotta have a backup plan,in case yours gos on a murderous rampage.and keep in mind,most love to redecorate.they will move anything they can,so if you get one,i hope youre not to attached to your aquascaping.and remeber,lots of caves.

Back
Top Bottom