Local Petsmart will not take back fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new2betas

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got two female guppies from them 2-3 weeks ago. I am not wild about the little girls. They are much too hyper for my liking. They act like those little dogs that go crazy for you to throw a ball. Is that normal? Their water parameters are fine. They have acted that way since I brought them home. They seem perfectly healthy. I called Petsmart and they said they will only take back fish within a 14 day period, so I am over that mark now. I have one other lfs I could try, but I didn't buy them there. Any suggestions?

Often the big chain stores aren't allowed to take fish back outside of the guarentee period. You'd be much better off checking with a small LFS in your area. Some will pay for them, others may give you store credit, and still others will only take them off your hands. Since you've got guppies I wouldn't expect to get anything for them since they are such an inexpensive fish to begin with.

Often the big chain stores aren't allowed to take fish back outside of the guarentee period. You'd be much better off checking with a small LFS in your area. Some will pay for them, others may give you store credit, and still others will only take them off your hands. Since you've got guppies I wouldn't expect to get anything for them since they are such an inexpensive fish to begin with.

I don't want anything for them. I would be glad for a lfs just to take them off my hands at this point. I will try to get in touch with one other lfs and see if they would take them.

Yay.....the other smaller lfs will take the guppies and they also have a used 5g tank for 15.99 - no top though.....off to take a look in a little while!

Well - I am back from the lfs.....man, this aquarium habit is becoming bad!! I traded in my two female guppies and came away with.....two female bettas. You all know I have soft spot for them. They had about 5-6 female bettas in a 1-1.5g tank. It killed me. I picked the prettiest two they had and that seemed the most docile.
AND --- Instead of picking up a 5g tank to start my shrimp tank with.....I got a used 10g tank (with hood/lights/gravel)! It was only about $31.00 for everything (minus bettas)!
So....the addiction continues! My husband will NOT believe it when he gets home! There should be a new title for AA - Aquarist Anonymous

Seriously....I think MTS should be classified as an addiction of some sort! I will get pictures up soon of my new 10g tank that I am in the process of cycling for my shrimp... yay!!

I would try a small LFS, I found one through petsmart. I had way to many guppies and found out about the small store and took them over, and got some free plants for the exchange.

Back
Top Bottom