Long fin serpae tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skibum3

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had two long fin serpae tetras but then one of them died, so I went and bought another one. The new one is only a little bit smaller than the older one, but the older one is constantly chasing the new one around. Today when I fed my fish, the new one didn't eat either. Is this normal with new serpae tetras and will the older one stop chasing around and nipping the new one?

I had two long fin serpae tetras but then one of them died, so I went and bought another one. The new one is only a little bit smaller than the older one, but the older one is constantly chasing the new one around. Today when I fed my fish, the new one didn't eat either. Is this normal with new serpae tetras and will the older one stop chasing around and nipping the new one?

how big is the tank?? serpae tetras NEED to be in schools of 5++ other wise they will hunt down and eventually injure or kill eachother.

Oh I didn't realise they were schooling fish. I have a 20 gallon with some neons and silver hatchet fish

I would only recommend serpaes with other semi aggressive fish. They are notoriously nippy, also they need to be in a group of atleast 5.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom