Long story short...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweetcarolinex3

Aquarium Advice Activist
I thought I had ick and something marshmellowie growing on the glass of my new 55 gal tropical tank so I did a small dose of cupramine and turned off the lights and filter like the instructions said, and woke up the next morning with dead/dying fish. I turned the filter and lights back on and did a huge water change. Most fish got better but is there anymore I can do to get the tank healthy again?

Just continue the water changes. Unless there was another form of aeration overnight, the fish may have been suffering from low oxygen while the copper was present. There is a chance that the BB in the filter took a hit from being stagnant over night. That can lead to an ammonia spike so the water changes will be important moving forward.
Did the what ever it was you were treating for get resolved? Preferable to use physical removing over chemicals.

I physically removed most of it but some wouldn't come off. I'm just gonna scrub harder.

Mushrooms? Never heard of THAT bad of a fungus in a tank. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ick is a parasite, not something that grows on your tank, sounds like you used too much stress zyme, they need to be moved to plain tap ASAP maybe a touch of decor

Ick is a parasite, not something that grows on your tank, sounds like you used too much stress zyme, they need to be moved to plain tap ASAP maybe a touch of decor

This is an old post I wiped it off and they were all fine

Wow funny. I honestly just read this post because you said you thought you had ick and then saw a marshmallow. Lol

Wow funny. I honestly just read this post because you said you thought you had ick and then saw a marshmallow. Lol

Hahaha yeah I didn't know what it was ick was my old guess hahaha

Back
Top Bottom