long tentacle anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boodabez

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, I bought a small (the foot is only an inch to inch and a half) long tentacle anemone about 5 days ago. He is not settling down anywhere. I probably am the blame for this. A few days ago I placed him in a plastic top and buried it in the sand. Today I took him out of it cuz I noticed that he wasn't attached. Now he's laying on his side. I have tried burying his foot several times and it comes out of the hole and tumbles around. My clarkii has already found him and will not leave him alone. Is there really anything I can do for him? I've read the best thing I can do is leave it alone. But I'm afraid it may die cuz he's not attaching. Suggestions?
8 mths, 50 gallons all, parameters are at 0, 78 degrees

Only my mini carpet ever let me bury its foot(I think this is how they like it).
Every other nem I ever had put itself where it wanted.
I would turn of power heads/circulation pumps to help it find a spot and NOT suck him up.
What kind of lighting are you using?
Tank sounds acceptable for nem attempt and parameters look good.

How do you keep your trates at 0?

I have t5 ho. I just got rid of my haddoni cuz he was eating fish, so I picked up my lta. Haddoni let me bury him. This one seems more picky. Not sure how im keeping nitrates at 0 but I am keeping up with filter cleanings and water changes faithfully. (Hard work) lol. I am using poly filter and a phosphate filter along with carbon... im new to anemones so not sure if his foot is ok. Maybe I should send a pic

How long on average for anemone to find spot and plant? Ty

My lta looking pitiful :confused:

Attachments

• 20151022_203031.jpg
    20151022_203031.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 20151022_203007.jpg
    20151022_203007.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 122
I can't say hw fast they settle as every tank/nem is different.
Yours appears healthy.
Try slowing flow if possible and set it in a 'nook'?
I can't speak specifically to t5HOs but know lighting is huge for nems.
Find nook up near light IMO.

Right in the middle... white spot.. does it look a little torn? Sry to bother

Forgot to upload

Attachments

• 20151022_221831.jpg
    20151022_221831.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 20151022_221921.jpg
    20151022_221921.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 101
How's the flow in the tank, what lighting, and what are the current parameters? How was the anemone acclimated to the tank?

If the flow is too strong an anemone won't be able to attach itself as it is blown around. So usually turning off the power heads for a couple of hours will do the trick. In a healthy system with strong enough lighting, it should stay almost where you put them...not always but can occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not a strong flow. I did try turning it off. I think his foot has a small laceration in the middle. I think I tried everthing I could for him. It's hard to just stand by and do nothing but it seems like I have to resist to lend a helping hand. My parameters are all at zero salinity is 1.024 with t5 lighting. Ty for help

Mine stayed where I put it by burying it in the sand. Granted it was near a corner so he did not blow around too much

Not a strong flow. I did try turning it off. I think his foot has a small laceration in the middle. I think I tried everthing I could for him. It's hard to just stand by and do nothing but it seems like I have to resist to lend a helping hand. My parameters are all at zero salinity is 1.024 with t5 lighting. Ty for help

How old is the tank? What size? And how many bulb unit is your t5?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom