long tentacle anenome won't grab hold of food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish geek

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i recently bought a lta 3 days ago i've tried giving him some dried krill but it doesn't grab the shrimp. my lta still hasn't attached to anything or even moved from the hole i dug it if thats got to do with it not eating.
am i being over paranoid.

thx nick

May I stand on stage with you... I am wondering the same thing about a yellow sebae I got a couple months back.. I never see it eat, it totally ignores food, and it appears that it is sort of... shrinking a little. At least it's not growing. Maybe it's just my imagination. It does "poop" once in a while though.

All of my other anemones eat purt-near anything that touches their tentacles including large blobs of gunk scraped from the outflow exits.

I just purchased 2 LTAs about a week and a half ago. They "ran" around my 125 gal tank for a week. When they finally "started" to settle down they were attaching to the bottom of a flat rock that I have. They would be upside down. So I would flip the rock over and then feed them. This went on for 3 days before they got the idea. Now they have been staying put for the last 3 days.

I have been feeding them uncooked shrinp from the deli at the store. I shell it and then soak it in the saltwater from the tank ina cup for about an hour, then freeze it. When it is feeding day I just pull it out of the freezer and cut off what I want and then put it back.

I thaw out the shrimp right in the tank before I feed them. Unfortunately I am not having a problem feeding them, they eat pretty good about every 2-3 days.

Back
Top Bottom