long term high temp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lindsikins00

Aquarium Advice Activist
man it has been a while, I have been through a leaky tank, damaged stand (due to leaking) my saltwater tank has been sitting my my floor for a month or so, I moved and bought a new tank, stand and canopy. Well here is the question..... Temp is suppose to be between 78-82 right? Well with my new canopy, the temp stays between 82-83. Is there any problems that can arise with the prolonged high temp. I don't have any corals or anything. I use eggcrate on the top on my tank. I'm going to make a fuge in a month or so.

I think at that temp, you're still in the safe zone.
I was having heat issues where at night it'd stay at 80, and during lights on it'd go up to almost 85. And I do have some beginner corals.

Well I bought a little clip on fan and put it on the front (no room on the back) which meant I had to open the top of my canopy.

What I discovered was that leaving the lid open allowed enough heat to escape, and I don't need to use the fan at all!

It runs open top, and the canopy doesn't fully cover the back (to leave room for equipment/skimmers)
Might be worth a try.

Does the canopy have its own fan? If not can you add a sm computer fan to the canopy. 83 F isn't that bad. Just keep it consistant.

I keep my tanks at that temp all the time. I have not seen any ill effects.

Back
Top Bottom