Lonley male(?) bolivian ram.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
In may I got 2 Bolivian rams and I thought they were a male/female. The smaller one whom I think was female died about a month ago and since then, the other ram has been just sulking, it's been hiding in the back of the tank and doesn't really seem happy. Should I get another ram or just leave the single fish? The tank is a moderately planted 29 community.

Try another female, What else do you have in the tank? I'd go to somewhere with a good guarantee like petsmart or petco. Then wait and see, I'm sure he misses her.

I did get them from pets mart. The tank mates are, Cory cats, kuhli loaches, shrimp, clown pleco, harlequin Rasboras and blackskirt tetras. I believe my remaining ram is a male because the tail has large trailers and the first 3 spines on the dorsal fin are black. I'm by no means an expert on sexing btw.

I am pretty sure the females are duller. I would google a picture of female bolivian ram.

Back
Top Bottom