Look at her belly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RackinRocky

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is my betta. Look at her belly. I thought she had bloat, and that if the peas didn't work, I'd have to euthanize her when she was obviously uncomfortable. Didn't happen. First noticed it two weeks ago. She's still swimming around and acting more or less normal. Certainly doesn't seem to be suffering. You can actually SEE the area in her belly. It's white, and she's red. It looks like pure air! The contrast in color is striking. I don't know what to do. I haven't fed her hardly anything because I don't want to bloat her even more. She isn't pine-coned either. This is a bad pic, but you can clearly see how HUGE her belly is. Any suggestions? I feed my African Butterfly live crickets, and she could have gotten some.

001.jpg

I think air would have flipped her so good news that she is swimmingly normally. Possible she should lay off the crickets?

It's hard to keep her away from the crickets. They all get so excited when I put them in there. But I can stand by and be extra vigilant. She's never had this problem until I got the ABF and therefore, the crickets. So I'm thinking that is very likely the problem.

Perhaps the photo exaggerates it but that appears to be a major issue! I would consider moving her to a tank not fed crickets and monitor for improvement. That's some major swelling!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Perhaps the photo exaggerates it but that appears to be a major issue! I would consider moving her to a tank not fed crickets and monitor for improvement. That's some major swelling!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's a good point.

You like balloon mollies, now you have devoloped a balloon beta?
No sorry im just being a troll and being funny.

Back
Top Bottom