Look who followed me home this morning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HUKIT

Aquarium Advice Addict
A friend called and said she was buying a used 40B on Craigslist this morning and needed a home for the current resident. So naturally I said sure bring it over without asking what is it, I figured it's a 40B but it turns out it's a 13" oscar with HITH. I tossed him in with the Festae and will start the long process to heal him. I'm not sure what I'll do with him long term but for now I'm stuck, and I needed another big oscar like I needed a hole in the head. He didn't really follow me but I was walking in the house when the call came in.

Attachments

• image-2612045186.jpg
    image-2612045186.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
You know me when I see a big tank I imagin every onry central or south American fish I can fit, with over 2500 speicies out there with more being found and reclassified I to own them all at somepoint. That 125g of yours would look cool with a school of Geophageous swimming around.

Can't commend you enough for taking on a huge oscar and nursing it back to health. I often think about getting a dedicated tank to rescue all the full grown oscars that I see in the pet store jammed in a 25 Gallon holding cell.

How long are you expecting the recovery to take? I've yet to run into HITH.

This guys hole is very deep and I the more I look at it the more I think it's a injury rather than HITH in that specific spot, he does have HITH around the left side of his head so I would guess no more than three months tops for a full recovery.

Back
Top Bottom