Looking for a marbled bichir, P. palmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brynn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm looking for either someone who has one and would like to sell it, or someone who knows where a poor deprived American girl can find one of the buggering little critters. I have tried searching for a seller on Google so many times the poor little search engine has taken to hiding in a 3 foot thick lead enclosed refrigerator Indiana Jones style and hoping that my nuclear blast of rage doesn't sent it hurtling too far into the stratosphere when I can't find a seller for the umpteenth time.

Every time I am thwarted from finding a Marbled Bichir, I eat an importer's face. Think of the importers! :2gunfire:

Palmas%20polli1b.jpg

^ Like that. I'd prefer P. palmas palmas, but to be honest at this point I'd be happy to have any of the palmas.

It's NOT an ornate, unfortunately. My search would have been over long ago if that were the case. Ornates get about two times as large as these little guys (20" vs. 12-14") and are too large for me to feasibly keep. If you google "Marbled Bichir" you'll see some better pictures - or just go to this site (I couldn't link the images, the copyrighting monkeys...)
Polypterus palmas (Marbled bichir) with photo / picture

Back
Top Bottom