Looking for bottom feeder recomendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00youknowit00

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, I have a 20H freshwater tank, just about to be done with a fish-in cycle, want some sort of botton feeder/dweller whatever you'd like to call it. So I'm looking for recomendations on what I should get, y'alls favorites, etc.

Cory cats are the best IMO I don't think plecos are good cleaners

Oh, whoops no I meant cories! Sorry wasn't thinking while I was typing. I have seen upside down catfish and personally do not like them, you can't tell if it's sick or not! It's supposed to swim upside down but then if it's swimming right side up is it sick? It confuses me.

Yep I agree ottos are good for algae cleaning. And shrimp are really good for it and can be fun to watch.

But ya cory cats do a great job!

Bristlenoses are legend tank cleaners. My 3 sucked my 63 gallon clean in three days :) Beautiful fish & good natured too.

I have 4 albino cories in my 20 tall. I think most cories are schooling fish, but could be wrong.

I like shrimp better, though. They are more fun to watch, imho. Right now I just have Ghost Shrimp, but I woould like to get some others eventually. Want to make sure the Ghost shrimp do OK before I invest in more expensive varieties.

I have Albino Corys and SAE's...Both are schoolers. Plus the SAE's will chomp on black hair algae I believe which most others will not. I like the way SAE's dart around the tank too...I read they have underdeveloped swim bladders, so if they sit still they stink to bottom :huh:

CAE's :nono: Evil...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom